Study Abroad in China - China's University and College Admission SystemHelping you get into China's Universities - China's University and College Admission System


1. What are the requirements for studying English-medium MBBS in China?

Students are expected to display a hard work ethic and take their studies seriously. China has a rigorous academic tradition; students are expected to devote themselves fully to academics.

In general, international students are admitted based on their high school or other college grades and typically they requires good scores in science subjects. Because the program is taught in English, applicants are required to have the language ability to study in English. Nevertheless, enrollment requirements are different according to each university. For more details check the information on accredited universities.


2. Are there any MBBS programs which open in the spring semester?

In general, MBBS programs in China start in September. However, there are a few universities which have a spring intake, such as Central South University, Shandong University, Hebei Medical University, and Dalian Medical University.


3. Are the graduation certificate and degree diploma recognized in the Chinese job market? Can I work in China as a doctor after I graduate?

Although the program is only designed for international students, the degrees awarded by the accredited universities published by Ministry of Education of People's Republic of China are recognized across China. However, if the university is not on the list (please check the link), the diploma awarded may be recognized by organizations in other parts of the world, but not within China.

It is possible to work in China as a doctor. However, if you would like to be a doctor in a Chinese hospital, you have to deal with two matters at first: pass the medical license examination in China and be good at communicating in Chinese.


4. Does the MBBS program include an internship?

The MBBS program includes an internship which generally lasts for one year. The duration and requirements of an internship differ according to the situation of each university. For more details, check the information on accredited universities.


5. Can I do the internship in my own country or any other countries?

Several universities allow students to do their internship outside of China. However, if the student wants to do the internship in his/her own country or any other countries, in advance, he/she has to provide certain documents regarding the hospital where he/she will intern, and the university will evaluate the qualification.


6. If I do the internship outside of China, do I have to continue paying fees to the university?

Yes. You have to pay administration fees to cover the cost of keeping the student's name on the school roll and the supervision by the Chinese teacher. Each university has its own requirements for the internship, the student must meet these requirements even if he/she does the internship outside of China. The Chinese teacher will continue to work with the student by contacting weekly or bi-weekly by email or telephone.


7. Can I directly study medicine for a master's degree diploma?

Yes. Hebei Medical University provides a seven-year program in clinical medicine taught in Chinese or English.


8. How can I pay the application fee?

CUCAS offers four kinds of payment methods, outlined below:

PayPal: Payments made through PayPal are safe, easy and convenient. If you have used PayPal in the past, please click the PayPal button on the webpage of "Make Payment" and follow the directions.

Bank Transfer (T/T) Overseas: Applicants overseas can use a bank transfer to pay the application fee in US Dollars.

Bank Transfer (T/T) in China: Applicants in China can use a direct bank transfer to pay the application fee in RMB.

Western Union: CUCAS recommends applicants who cannot make T/T or PayPal payments use Western Union (especially African applicants). More details...


9. What should I prepare for going to study abroad in China?

Materials: Take your passport, visas, documents sent by university, related health certificates, tickets, ID, money, credit card, map, itinerary and other important documents needed during traveling

Clothes: Check the climate of your destination, and then see what kind of clothes you require. Take leisurewear, waterproof and umbrella, toiletries and your personal items such as toothbrush, towel and so on.

Electronic products: Take a power convert and adapter plugs. China's electrical system operates at 220 volts. Do not take too many electrical products which can be bought anywhere, hair dryers for example. More details...


10. How do I obtain a student visa?

Foreign students studying in China are required to hold an ordinary passport and student visa (X-visa) (issued to foreign students who will study for more than six months in China) or F-visa (study period of 6 months or less). Those who will study for less than 6 months should apply for F-visa holders. Other applicants will be required to change their visa into a student visa after entering China. Chinese authorities do not allow students from some countries to study in China with a tourist visa, if you want to apply for a tourist visa to study in China, please consult at service@cucas.cn. More details...



11. Is it possible to transfer to another school?

In general, Universities in China do not accept the transferring from a school, university or institution in China where you have studied in a degree program. However, case-to-case arrangements can sometimes be made. If you need help, please contact us (service@cucas.cn). Learn more...


12. Is Chinese language a compulsory course for English-medium MBBS program?

A Chinese language course is compulsory in every university which offers MBBS in English. Even if classes are conducted in English, the language spoken in daily life in China is essential for students when they leave the classroom. It is helpful for international students to know Chinese. Nevertheless, not all of the universities ask the students to pass the HSK test at a certain level before graduation. For detailed information, you check the accredited universities respectively.


13. What else can I study while I study medicine in China?

There is a wealth of other areas that students can study. Students can study various aspects of Chinese art and culture. Students can also take advantage of classes on dance, painting, calligraphy, literature and more while they study medicine. Find non-degree courses...


14. Are there any universities which provide medicine related programs besides MBBS?

Yes. Southeast University offers a Masters program in Internal Medicine in English, Dalian Medical University provides the English-medium undergraduate program of Stomatology, and Jiangsu University provides BEMT Program (Bachelor of Engineering in Medical Technology in English). And, there are also other universities which provide programs in Traditional Chinese Medicine. More details...


15. What are the advantages of studying MBBS in China? What do my employment prospects look like when returning home?

The degrees for English-medium MBBS programs awarded by Chinese medical universities are useful for gaining employment in a wide variety of countries. As education continues to improve, the value of a student's degree also continues to rise. This translates into higher pay, more professional respect and an easier time finding employment after graduation. learn more


16. Can I study medicine in a non-degree program?

No. Students are required to study in degree programs. Only taking a single medical class is not allowed.


17. Can I just study acupuncture?

Yes. Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine provides the world renowned One-year Acupuncture Course (Taught in English); Jilin University provides Traditional Chinese Medicine (including acupuncture). More details...

Copyright 2008-2014, Beijing CHIWEST Co.,Ltd. All Rights Reserved. 京ICP证100015  京公海网安备110108000879号

Need Assistance? Have Questions? service@cucas.cn