Why is Top?
Southeast University, located in a famous historical city, Nanjing, which origin can be traced back to 1902. Through over onre hundred years development, it has become a comprehensive university in China. Now it reputed as “the top university in the southeast part of China”, which very welcomed by students.
Southeast Universty as a top 30 Chinese University, which average global ranking is in top 500.
criteria and weighting
Academic Peer Review 40%
Global Employer Review 10%
Citations per faculty 20%
Faculty student ratio 20%
International Student Ratio 5%
International Faculty Ratio 5%
The (Times higher education) Ranking
criteria and weighting
Industry Income – innovation 2.5%
International diversity 5%
Teaching – the learning environment 30.5%
Research – volume, income and reputation 30.0%
Citations – research influence 32.5%
criteria and weighting
Quality of education 10%
Quality of faculty 40%
Research output 40%
Per capita performance 10%
- One of eight famous architecture Universities in China (“建筑老八所”)and one of four institutes of Technology
- Rewarded as "Double first"class program
- The first Chinese people who won Pritzker Architecture Prize, Wang Shu, who graduated from Southeast University.
- One of the national key disciplines
- This program makes great contribution for developing the 3rd and 4th generation communication system in China, CDMA VLSI design, RF Technology, bluetooth technology etc.
- Become a national team that can support China mobile communication technology and industry leading the “5G”times in the world.
- Co-founded research center with the US Altera company, Japan Mitsubishi, Huawei, Texas Instruments company etc.
- Tongwen zheng,graduated from Southeast university, who makes great contribution for the 5G commounication era.
- School of transportation of Southeast University become the important base and high-tech research center for developing the transportation technology in China
- Its comprehensive strength ranks top in same colleges of China Universities, which ranked top 1 in 2012 by National Discipline Evaluation.
- Over 1100 papers indexed by EI and the SSCI/SCI.
- School of electronic Science & Engineering has founded in 1961, which provides one of the earliest electronic programs in China.
- In recent 20 years, the school has established good cooperation relations with international famous information industry corporations, such as PHILIPS, MOTOROLA, AT&T, LUCENT, OPTIGAIN, E-TEK, ARM, ALTERA, Instruments California of USA, Panasonic, Special China of Singapore etc.
- Cooperated with research institutes and universities such as Cambridge, Holland Delft University, Twente University, Nanyang Technological University of Singapore, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology etc.
- Some graduates work in Microsoft Corp, Intel Corp, Huawei etc famous companies.
- Formerly known as the Central University School of Medicine was founded in 1935
- Cooperated with famous international medical colleges. There are over 300 international students have studies medical program in here.
- Equipped with advanced teaching facilities. There are 5 bases for International students teaching, which include Zhongda hospital, BenQ hospital, the second affiliated hospital of Nanjing Hospital etc.
- 4 Programs rank into top global ESI 1%: Clinical Medicine, Biology & Biochemistry, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuroscience & Behavior.
About City-Nanjing, a capital city of Jiangsu
- One of the four ancient capitals, the first batch of national historical city, birthplace of the Chinese culture and civilization, students who come to study in Nanjing can closely feel the local Chinese culture.
- Reputed as “Green city” because its big green area, the air quality is good for people’s living.
- Nanjing was rewarded as“Roller Skating capital of the world”, which shows this city will bring more vitality and energy for people’s living.
- The coldest temperature is up to -13.1°C, the hottest temperature is about 39.7°C. The average temperature is about 15.4°C.
- Nanjing is one of the top 5 cities for higher education resources.
About Southeast University
- Derives from Sanjiang Pedagogical School founded in 1902, which becomes one of eight famous universities concentrating on architecture (建筑老八所)
- There are more than 1800 international students study in Southeast university.
- Active international exchange activities: Southeast university has cooperated with Cambridge University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, University of Maryland, Lehigh University, ETH Zürich, Tohoku University, Technical University of Munich,etcs.
- Free and rigorous study atmosphere. There are many alumna start up a business by their own like Zhihu CEO Zhouyuan, Tuniu CEO Yuguode, Microsoft global Vice chairman Shen,xiangyang,etc.
- Four campuses: Sipai Lou, Jiulong hu, Dingjia qiao, and Wuxi campus.
Because the facilities there for an MBBS programme are great and it fits in perfectly with my career aims.
4 months ago Name : Chia** *** *eng From : Singapore
Greetings, One of my friend is studying in your university as well i have went through university website it found to me fit for my study. It has digital technology as well it is updated in research. Lot of positive beauty regarding medical profession of this university inspired and motivated too me to spent my 5 years of study there.
2 months ago Name : muhammad ***** **** siddique From : Pakistan
Southeast University seems to offer a good chinese language program. Furthermore it is situated in Nanjing, a beatiful Chinesee city.
3 months ago Name : Mor*** **** Edward From : Pakistan
One of my father's close friend recommended this University (Southeast University (SEU)), it is one of the top ranker University in China, where MBBS course education is excellent. During my study in UK (United Kingdom) and India I closely came to know details about China. My native place in India is very close to Bodh Gaya, it is one of the top most Holy Buddhist Pilgrimage Sites, so I love Chinese culture.
3 months ago Name : Ba**** ****rth From : India
MBBS and Chinese language programs are popular programs among international students.
The university location attracted more students
Its Historical city culture, good air quality and economy development make it popular among students.