Why is Top?
Harbin Institute of Technology,founded in 1920 and renowned for "the cradle of the engineers",now which has been developed into multidisciplinary, research-oriented,leading national university with science and engineering as its corea.
From the above pictures, Harbin Institute of Technology has reach top 10 in China although there has some little changes in different ranking institute. As a whole, its position in China and world is keep growing, which is expected to enter into top 100 in the world.
criteria and weighting
Academic Peer Review 40%
Global Employer Review 10%
Citations per faculty 20%
Faculty student ratio 20%
International Student Ratio 5%
International Faculty Ratio 5%
The (Times higher education) Ranking
criteria and weighting
Industry Income – innovation 2.5%
International diversity 5%
Teaching – the learning environment 30.5%
Research – volume, income and reputation 30.0%
Citations – research influence 32.5%
criteria and weighting
Quality of education 10%
Quality of faculty 40%
Research output 40%
Per capita performance 10%
12 level 1 disciplines rank top 3 in China
17 leve 1 disciplines rank top 5 in China
15 discplines rank 1% by ESI globally
3 disciplines rank top 100 in the world (Chemistry No. 48th,Material Science No. 51st, and Mathematics No.81st.)
- As a featured programs in HIT, teachers and students of astronautics program once worked together as a part of members of designing and developing China’s first manned spacecraft.
- The school of astronautics that is China’s first higher education institute which mainly focused on the education of specialists and research in the field of astronautics.
- Astronautics related programs cooperated with international famous universities like University of Michigan, Tokyo University,etc.to develop each other as world-class program, which becomes the only permanent support organization of International Space University ( ISU ) in Asia.
- Teachers who are the famous experts in the field of astronautics
- As the first welding technology and engineering program in China, which plays a leading role in the material filed and makes the boring welder work become the high-tech job and contributes much more for the modern industry development.
- As a Pioneer of key technology of weliding manufacturing and Intelligent engineering theory, state key laboratory of advanced welding and bolting,which was founded in 1995 and undertook many national projects like “KM6 project”, Chang'e satellite project, the re-entry capsule welding of ShenZhou spaceship
- About 100% teachers hold doctoral degree.
- Cooperated with TWI UK, University of Kentucky, Osaka University and so on seven famous welding research institutes.
- Through training program of International Welding Engineer, the program can provide good conditions for graduates who want to be granted world renowned authoritative engineering certificate.
- National key disciplines, which enjoys great reputations in the same field
- With strong teaching and scientific research resources, this program has launched five small satellites which has a clear task.
- Center for fostering talents of high technology in the disciplines of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Geographical Information Engineering
- Founded in 1956, which is the one of the earliest programs in China
- Four medical programs enter into top 1% of ESI: clinical medical, Pharmacology and Toxicology,Biology & Biochemistry,Immunology
- The first Chinese character input method (Microsoft Pinyin IME), the first computer which can speak and play chess in China all born in here.
- Graduates with higher salary level
- As one of the top mechanical engineerings in China, which has developed into a mature discipline and plays a leading role in China education field.
- Top recommended by alumni
- Taught by famous teachers who are published many SCI thesis in international journal, and also some of them undertook important position in school, like as the president of the university or dean of college and so on.
- Cooperated with MIT, University of California, Purdue University, University of Oxford, University of Bath etc to develop this program and provide students with good education resources.
- As the largest city of Heilongjiang province, Harbin, reputed as “Ice City” “Moscow in China ” “Little East Paris” located in northeast China.
- Harbin is a city with highest latitude and lowest temperature in China, which has longer winter days and shorter summer, its winter average temperature is about minus 19℃
- As one of the world four big snow festivals, Harbin snow festival is the first national festival which mainly about Ice skating & skiing in China history.
- One of the most popular things is the “Harbin Beer”, which holds a hundred years of history and welcomed by the young and the old, of course, include foreigner.
About Harbin Institute of University
- Renowned for the cradle of engineers, which is founded in 1920 for training technicians by Middle east rail authority and then supported by Chinese government become into a base for developing first-rate Innovative talents.
- With three campus, main campus of HIT is located in Harbin, and one campus is in Weihai, Shandong, the other is located is Shenzhen, Guangzhou.
- HIT regards science and engineering as its education core.
- HIT and China government offer good chance and financial supports for scientific research and different program development
- Students can enjoy lower living cost because the supports of university
I love Harbin, I visited the Harbin Institute of Technology this year during a holiday and I found it absolutely gorgeous.
1 week ago Name : Sey**** **ron From : United States
The first thing that made me decide to apply at Harbin Institute of Technology is the tuition fee made accessible to everybody. My main Objective is to study the field of Architecture, but the teaching language is Chinese, I therefore decided to apply for a 1 year Chinese training program in other to adapt myself and increase my chances to fit in and express my potential. I am not hiding the fact that I am quite excited to learn Chinese, it is a first experience for me and also a great opportunity to learn about Chinese culture. The second reason that made me decide is the beauty of the campus, I really loved the study and sport facilities. Compared to most universities I visited, I really feel I can fit in Harbin Institute of Technology.
4 months ago Name : OHO** **** *****-Ange From : Ivory Coast
My cousin is studying in this university he is telling to me here faculty staff teaching very well, and further I search about this university I concluded that this university is more better than rest of other universities. .
4 months ago Name : Ab*** **if From : Germany
I did some researching online and heard many great things about Harbin Institute of Technology. All the foreigners who studied there have said that the classes are really well run, the teachers are great, and their Chinese improved massively over the course of the year. I really like cold weather which is why I would like to be in Harbin. My family and I have wanted to move to China for a while now. My wife is already fluent in Chinese and I love China and the language, and so really want to grow in it. I also read that the spoken Chinese in Harbin is the most standard in China, and therefore it is a great place to study.
3 months ago Name : Sto** ****thanFrom : Cambodia
A great University in a great city! Looking forward to come to Harbin
3 months ago Name : Si*** ***lFrom : United States
Top Programs taught in Chinese.
Students whose chinese level can not reach the top program admission requirements can apply for Chinese langugae program firstly.
Application deadline is on the end of June or July in each year.
Its application deadline is as normal as other universities do, not too earlier, which will be ended on June to July.